Well, we had our first comments the other day (exciting!) and were asked (thank you, The Dash!!) who was who. So here goes:
My name is Maree, I'm the one on the left in the photo (not very flattering but the only one Jenny and I could find of us together - we are planning a new shot soon!). I'm 40, married with 6 year old twin girls. I live in Wellington, New Zealand and work for the government. A boring bio...so I thought I'd try a Q & A from some other blogs I follow:
1. What time did you get up this morning? 6.40 am in time for a shower and to get the girls' lunch ready before heading out the door at 7.55 (start work at 8 - luckily it's just down the road).
2. How do you like your steak? Rare
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Julie & Julia - saw it while I was off work after the lap band surgery - loved it.
4. What is your favorite TV show? ER was my favourite ever, otherwise Mad Men, documentaries and I love watching sport.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? If I could have all my family with me, somewhere warm, by the sea..
6. What did you have for breakfast? Coffee then some yoghurt at 10.45.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Hard to pick one - love sushi.
8. What foods do you dislike? I like most food - not raw oysters, though!
9. Favorite place to eat? At home with friends and family.
10. Favorite dressing? Light mayo.
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Old stationwagon - not a car person, but it gets us around.
12. What are your favorite clothes? Wore a black wrap dress today which I love, comfy and flattering.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Would love to go back to Spain, Vietnam and Thailand are top of the list.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Definitely half full
15. Where would you want to retire? Back to My hometown - warm and family are close.
16. Favorite time of day? When the kids are asleep, the dishes are done and I can relax.
17. Where were you born? New Plymouth, New Zealand.
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Rugby (but I'm enjoying the Australian Open tennis at the moment).
19. Bird watcher? No - I'd be bored in 30 seconds.
20. Are you a morning person or a night person? I wake up easily and these days late nights are almost a thing of the past.
21. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Not yet...
22. What did you want to be when you were little? A doctor - maybe that's why I loved ER!
23. What is your best childhood memory? Swimming at the beach on family holidays.
24. Are you a cat or dog person? Neither but I'd have a cat if I had to choose.
25. Are you married? Yes - very happily.
26. Always wear your seat belt? Absolutely.
27. Been in a car accident? Nothing major although someone did drive into me in a carpark last week.
28. Any pet peeves? Too many to mention - men in bad wigs is one.
29. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Olives, feta, peppers...
30. Favorite Flower? daffodils
31. Favorite ice cream? Cookies and cream
32. Favorite fast food restaurant? Fish and chips
33. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Passed first time luckily.
34. From whom did you get your last email? A boring work email.
35. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? About to renovate so probably a carpet store - boring!
36. Do anything spontaneous lately? Ah, no...
37. Broccoli? Yes, please.
38. What was your favorite vacation? 6 months in Europe.
39. Last person you went out to dinner with? The girls from my mothers group.
40. What are you listening to right now? Crickets in the sunshine outside the door.
41. What is your favorite color? Red
42. How many tattoos do you have? none
43. Coffee drinker? Oh, yes - a flat white every morning.
3 weeks ago