Jenny's Weight Loss Progress

Maree's Weight Loss Progress

29 January 2010

Hi there - and a bit about me....

It's so great to know that people other than Maree and I are actually reading this....!

I'm Jenny - the one on the right of the unflattering pre-band photo at the top - but then all my pre-band photos are unflattering...! Isn't that why we have done this?? Hell yes!

I'm 46, I work full time for a hospital and health software firm and do quite a bit of travelling around the country. I usually fly somewhere for a day or 2 each week from my home office in New Plymouth, New Zealand. I'm married with 2 sons - the oldest turned 21 last Saturday and the younger one is almost 15. My "boys" (that includes my fabulous husband) are my biggest supporters in all that I do. I'm involved in the local musical theatre scene and I love to sing and entertain.

Here's my version of the Q&A Maree did below...

1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:43am - had a sleep in as I've been away for 2 days for work and had 5:30am starts. And it is still school holidays this week so no need for me to rush to get anyone to school. I work from home so travel time to work is approx 3 seconds!

2. How do you like your steak? Medium rare - but not sure I will try it anytime soon.... don't fancy it getting stuck!

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Julie & Julia - with my son and my Mum - loved it.

4. What is your favorite TV show? ER has been my favourite for many years, closely followed by Boston Legal - sadly both now finished! I like Survivor, MasterChef, and I love watching sport especially the Olympics.

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Somewhere where I can be in the sun by the sea all day and go to shows each night.

6. What did you have for breakfast? A flat white coffee made with freshly ground beans and silky smooth frothy milk - made by me just the way I like it - and a piece of wholegrain vogels toast with butter and vegemite.

7. What is your favorite cuisine? Probably Indian - but I like lots of different foods.

8. What foods do you dislike? Olives, oysters, mussels, cucumber are top of the Yuck list!

9. Favorite place to eat? Anywhere my family and friends are.

10. Favorite dressing? Aioli.

11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? The "P Mover" - that's a Mitsubishi Chariot 7 seater People mover... it is just a way to get from A to B and is in need of replacement - was good for transporting lots of boys.

12. What are your favorite clothes? 3/4 length pants... in stretch fabric - comfortable and flattering. Hope to be able to buy lots of fashionable clothes more easily soon.

13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Would love to go back to Italy. And I'd like to see Spain, India and Ireland.

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Always half full -unless we are talking about drinking something unpleasant like ginger ale!

15. Where would you want to retire? Here looks good so far - it is my hometown and I have lots of family and friends close by.

16. Favorite time of day? Weekend mornings..... freshly made coffee in hand and a whole day with no work stretching ahead of me.

17. Where were you born? New Plymouth, New Zealand.

18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Rugby.

19. Bird watcher? You have to be joking! Why?

20. Are you a morning person or a night person? I like the mornings and don't usually stay up much past 10:30 at night... I work best on a regular sleep pattern or else I can be grumpy anytime of the day.

21. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Can't think of anything right now...

22. What did you want to be when you were little? A doctor - but actually went nursing when I left school.

23. What is your best childhood memory? Camping holidays and swimming everyday in summer.

24. Are you a cat or dog person? Not really an animal person but we have a cute cat called Luci-fur we got from the SPCA last year.

25. Are you married? For almost 22 wonderful years.

26. Always wear your seat belt? Definitely.

27. Been in a car accident? Minor reversing incidents mostly - the P Mover is not a great car for seeing behind you!

28. Any pet peeves? Probably too many to mention - sweaty men at the gym who don't bring a towel is one...

29. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Pepperoni, mushrooms peppers...

30. Favorite Flower? Ummmm..... not much of a garden girl... maybe roses but not in my garden they're too much work.

31. Favorite ice cream? Espresso

32. Favorite fast food restaurant? Any fresh fish and chips - NZ classic takeaways

33. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Passed first time - just a few weeks after my 15th birthday - the process was much simpler back then.

34. From whom did you get your last email? Just got one from the gym where I go regularly to workout.

35. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Home theatre, electronics and furniture store probably.

36. Do anything spontaneous lately? I'm about to do something challenging - a 60km bike ride tomorrow - does that count??

37. Broccoli? Yes - love it.

38. What was your favorite vacation? 6 weeks with my boys - we went to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, LA, Disneyland, London, Paris, Rome, Durham UK and Hong Kong - awesome family adventure.

39. Last person you went out to dinner with? Work colleagues from Wellington and Melbourne, 2 nights ago while I was away for work.

40. What are you listening to right now? Sounds like a chainsaw - the neighbour is building a shed.

41. What is your favorite color? Green

42. How many tattoos do you have? None.

43. Coffee drinker? Hell yes - a coffee addict actually.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that I think it's awesome that you two sister have decided to do this together!

    Good on you :-)

    http://shesaworkinprogress-workinprogress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenny,
    Nice to see you pop your head up. I'm with workinprogress - so fantastic you two have the support of each other. It's a rare and wonderful thing. You seem to be doing great on the weight loss front.
    Look forward to more posts.
    Cara

    ReplyDelete